Jeg trenger deres råd!!!

Prat om tung MC.
anastasia

Jeg trenger deres råd!!!

Post by anastasia »

Hi all,

Could you help me?
My husband dreams of a motorcycle. He has an anniversary in September, and I would like to present him his dream. But I do not plan to buy mc, since anyway he has not driving license for mc. So I am interesting in whether there is the ability in Norway (better in Rogaland) to take, for example, some short training course and ride a motorcycle during 1 or few days (without license class A, he has only license of class B), so he can 100% decide whether he likes and wants mc before purchase.

Thank you in advance!
supermons
Administrator
MC: Suzuki GSX750

Re: Jeg trenger deres råd!!!

Post by supermons »

Hi, and welcome :)

I can think of a couple possible solutions, but the easiest could be to rent/borrow an ATV, a trike or a motorcycle with a sidecart, as those can be driven on a B-lisence.

Another solution could be to find somebody that has had a valid A-lisence for 5 years, as they can instruct him for a day. He will need to wear a reflective vest with an L (learning) and they will need to sit on the same bike or the teacher will have to follow on a bike or in a car with an intercom system to keep in touch.

Or you can buy him a gift card for some lessions, so that he can get a feel of how it is.

Hope this helps and that you find a good solution for your husband :)
700RR
MC: :
-04 z750
-96 535 XV : Solgt
-05 CRF 450R : Solgt
-10 SMC RR : Solgt
-08 GSXR 600 : Solgt
-11 690 SMC : Solgt
-08 FS650e : Solgt

Post by 700RR »

i dont think there is any track with bike rent out in rogaland

but see if you can find dealer with these
supermons wrote:de fleste går jo fra R til motard
anastasia

Post by anastasia »

Thank you so much! :)

As I thought, to buy some lessons/course on which he will be able to learn and to ride mc a little.
My main purpose - that he tries to ride a motorcycle by himself (I mean he should be alone on MC). And, of course, that it has to be safe for everyone. I thought about the possibility to ride on some special tracks, not on normal roads.

So, do you know any courses like these?
anastasia

Post by anastasia »

Ghostrider wrote:i dont think there is any track with bike rent out in rogaland

Wow!!! :shock:

What is it?
anastasia

Post by anastasia »

anastasia wrote:

What is it?

It will be better to have it in Rogaland, but not mandatory. I am ready for your offers in whole Norway. :)
stoppitide
MC: Ducati Monster S2R 800

Post by stoppitide »

If they are willing, one of three Piaggio dealers in Rogaland might let him take an MP3 scooter for an extended test ride.
The MP3 is legal for car driving licenses (as I understand it), offer more stability with it's three wheels and has an automatic gear box (no clutch hassle).

http://www.piaggio.no/

("finn forhandler" shows a dealer list)
anastasia

Post by anastasia »

stoppitide wrote:If they are willing, one of three Piaggio dealers in Rogaland might let him take an MP3 scooter for an extended test ride.
The MP3 is legal for car driving licenses (as I understand it), offer more stability with it's three wheels and has an automatic gear box (no clutch hassle).

http://www.piaggio.no/

("finn forhandler" shows a dealer list)

Thankyou! I will consider this offer.
supermons
Administrator

Post by supermons »

anastasia wrote:

What is it?
Can-am Spyder. I know MC-Oslo has had some, and you might find some on Finn.no (for sale), but I'm not sure if there are any for rent.

The Piaggio MP3 looks like this:

anastasia

Post by anastasia »

supermons wrote:Hi, and welcome :)

I can think of a couple possible solutions, but the easiest could be to rent/borrow an ATV, a trike or a motorcycle with a sidecart, as those can be driven on a B-lisence.

Another solution could be to find somebody that has had a valid A-lisence for 5 years, as they can instruct him for a day. He will need to wear a reflective vest with an L (learning) and they will need to sit on the same bike or the teacher will have to follow on a bike or in a car with an intercom system to keep in touch.

Or you can buy him a gift card for some lessions, so that he can get a feel of how it is.

Hei supermons!

What did you mean "a gift card for some lessions"? Do you know where I can buy it?
supermons
Administrator

Post by supermons »

anastasia wrote:
supermons wrote:Hi, and welcome :)

Hei supermons!

What did you mean "a gift card for some lessions"? Do you know where I can buy it?
I meant that you could probably ask a local driving school to let you buy a gift card for some driving lessions, so that your husband could start taking his sertificate, and if he likes it he can continiue. If you can strike a deal with the driving instructor, maybe they can go out on the roads in one of the first lessions? This is my easiest option, as I guess there are driving schools in your area, but it might be harder to find somewhere to rent motorcycles. But I'm guessing not the most fun, as he has to drive with an instructor.