Scooter Mechanic Needed in Oslo

Prat om moped & scooter.
DjGeNeSiS

Scooter Mechanic Needed in Oslo

Post by DjGeNeSiS »

Hello All,

This is my first post in MC-Forumnet. I am happy the bike scene in Norway is more organised than I thought!!

I am writing this topic because I need some advice.
I recently moved in Oslo and I bought a small scooter 125cc (Kymco Movie XL) to move around the streets and go to work and back.
The bike was in need of oil change and I wanted to change the oil so I tried doing it myself... unsuccessfully...
So I tried calling quite a few MC shops in Oslo but it seems that wherever I call, they just won't service my scooter because the dealership does not take any other bikes other than the brand they have on the dealer (?!?!?)
I called the Kymco dealer MC Oslo and Motorsport Oslo and one Service centre told me that they are booked till the end of June (?!?!?!?!) and the other did not reply at all!!
I am really disappointed with the whole situation because I have been researching, calling here and there and I got nowhere!
Things are much simpler elsewhere. You have independent mechanics who do everything from 50cc to 1198!
Does anyone know of any independent mechanics in Oslo who can help me out?

I really appreciate your help.
cheers,
George
supermons
Administrator
MC: Suzuki GSX750

Re: Scooter Mechanic Needed in Oslo

Post by supermons »

Hi

You could try contacting Margon MC. His address is Konows gate 67B,0196 Oslo and his phone is 22 68 10 70. He services scooters.
DjGeNeSiS

Post by DjGeNeSiS »

Thank you very much for the reply!
I tried his number but I get a FAX reply. Have you got an alternative number? And any other suggestions maybe??
supermons
Administrator
MC: Suzuki GSX750

Post by supermons »

Try searching Margon MC, then you get alot of company hits, maybe one of them have the correct number?

There should be a good scooter mechanic in Drøbak, his contact info is somewhere in another thread in the forum, but I cant find it right now. Maybe someone else here remembers the tread and can find it :)
DjGeNeSiS

Post by DjGeNeSiS »

Thanks for that you guys!
Margon MC is indeed a very good place!
I have used them already 3 times and Gonzalo is very helpful!

About to perform the yearly service to the scooter this week :)
Thanks a lot for the help!
GD